Wednesday 27 February 2013

YOUR ATTITUDE WILL BREAK YOU


IT'S YOUR CALL 
Just some few weeks into the New Year of 2012, I had a dream but right before I went to bed I had an argument with my sister. And because I knew I was right, I refused to apologize and went to bed angrily. I said some few prayers, read a portion of the bible like I always do every night.
Few hours into my sleep, I met an old man as I walked on a slippery road in the dark hours of the night. He came close to me as I fight my way through the dark, hoping to see the light shine. From the way he spoke, it seemed like he knew me well. He asked what the matter was and why I was walking towards the direction I’m on.  I told him I had to come this way because everyone gets on my nerves and yet they don’t apologize; I narrated what happened and why I refused to apologize. He shook his head, looked at me and said slowly “What will it have cost you just to say you are sorry rather than get confused, infuriated and looking this way” I responded immediately that’’ I am not losing my way and I know exactly where I am coming from, I have forgotten about the issue but just doesn’t want her to know so she won’t take me for a fool. He looked at me surprisingly and said “You are a fool” Astonished! I looked at him angrily and asked how? He said “if only you realize what this little thing you did will cost you, then you will wish you went back and settle the matter immediately. I stood in shock; I don’t seem to understand what he is talking about. He gazed at me and said, come with me!

We walked a long way up unto a very high mountain, how I got there I can’t explain, he walked me down the left path I was walking before he met me, when we got to the end of the road, he asked me to look down, I saw a lot of people walking in the dark, moving towards a very big and wild fire and am like oh! My God, I never realized there will ever be such a great fire anywhere in this world. Some to this place, the entire place was dark, hot and unpleasant, it was so deep and so wide that I don’t think anyone can be there without feeling the impact of the fire. Immediately I screamed, surprised, is this for real? I said to myself, is this the hell fire everyone talks about? I started asking many questions at the same time, shaking, I sat down on the mountain with my head turned upside down, and I wondered if it was even working at this time. The man said to me, this is where you are heading if you choose to remain stubborn and adamant; I have only come to show you and make the journey easier for you, I fell to the ground, tears in my eyes and he said if you wish I can take you in at once. Immediately the tears dried up and all I was screaming was no! No! No! Please I promise never to be stubborn again or claim right I am okay at this spot, please take me away I don’t want to go, I don’t want to please. I held him and pleaded. I knew once he takes me there, there can never be a way of escape. The mountain is made of soft sand, so no way for anyone to climb and it was just too high and too deep. The flames are just too weird; people in it are not burnt. Different noise coming from different angles and a whole lot more are trekking down their way there. Curiously I asked, are these ones blind that they cannot see they are walking towards there death, he smiled again and said, they know but it is too late because they have already chosen their own path to eternity and that is exactly where you are heading if you won’t prepare your mind to change your ways and get yourself ready.
I told him I am a Christian, of course you know I am a chorister and I don’t keep gangs, I don’t do stuffs I do before anymore, so why will I want to come here, he said you don’t do what you usually do before again but you are still doing some things that are not biblical I responded back saying, yes I know but it is difficult he cuts in, if it proves to be difficult then you choose to live it difficult. Okay! Okay! I will change and I will totally desist from them all.  It’s time to go if you think you don’t like what you are seeing here, let me show you the way that leads to brighter day, he stretched out his hand towards the right side of where I stood and said “walk this path with me or otherwise without me which equally ends here, before he was done talking, I started moving with him as fast as my legs could take me.  Along the way, he disappeared but I kept on walking towards the right till I got to a road which was brighter and saw various people working, this place was different from where I was coming from. Just before the man disappeared, he told me some things like:

People are ignorantly walking in darkness, they always want to proof they are right, they don’t apologize and they often believe they are doing the right thing. Some knows that they are walking in darkness but voluntarily choose to remain there because they think Hell is a joke. Some choose when to be good and when to be bad and say to themselves, “God understand” of course he does! He exclaimed.

Now it is your duty to tell such people to change, to look back and see how long they have walked in darkness. Bring them in the marvelous light of the most high and say to them “there is no much time” he repeated this over and over again, you really need to hurry, there is no much time, please you need to, I wonder why he couldn’t just tell everyone himself so they can believe him, before I knew it, he was gone.

Those were his last words to me. I woke up hurriedly thinking I was already dead, i busted out crying, pleading, praying and asking God for mercy, when I realize after some few minute that I am still alive, I felt joy in my heart, I got off the bed and all I could utter was thank you God, I pleaded for mercy and immediately picked up my phone to send texts out to people I may have offended and vice versa. I remembered a guy I vow never to forgive due to what he did to me years back, I immediately went on my knees and pleaded for him and for myself, I released all I have tied down in anger in my heart and I was free again.
As Christians, this is a call for us all to check back on ourselves and repent of any evil in our heart that may cause us to loose Gods kingdom. The man in my dream asked me how the insult has affected me, he said when someone insults you, does it stops you from breathing? Does it scrap off your hair? Does it stop your blood from pumping into the heart? I uttered no. what does it do to you he asked, it makes me feel bad and annoyed and pissed I responded. He said if it doesn’t affect any of the things I gave you then it not worth pondering over it, just let go okay? He cuddled me on the side and said forget it! Don’t let the devil get you.

No comments: